The books below are available for checkout in the Main Reading Room of the University Library.
- Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide. Linda Suskie.
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers. Thomas A. Angelo.
- Connecting the Dots: Developing Student Learning Outcomes & Outcome Based Assessments. Ronald S. Carriveau
- Educative Assessment: Designing Assessments to Inform and Improve Student Performance. Grant Wiggins.
- Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses. Dee Fink.
- Understanding by Design. Grant Wiggins.
- A Critical Thinker’s Guide to Educational Fads. Richard Paul.
- A Guide for Educators to Critical Thinking Competency Standards. Richard Paul.
- Asking the Right Questions: A Guide to Critical Thinking. Neil Browne.
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Reasoning in the Health Sciences: An International Multidisciplinary Teaching Anthology. Noreen C. Facione.
- Critical Thinking: Theory, Research, Practice, and Possibilities. Joanne Gainen Kurfiss.
- Critical Thinking: Tools for Taking Charge of Your Learning and Your Life. Richard Paul and Linda Elder.
- Engaging Ideas: The Professor’s Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom. John C. Bean.
- How Doctors Think. Jerome Groopman.
- How We Decide. Jonah Lehrer.
- Learning to Think Things Through: A Guide to Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum. Gerald M. Nosich.
- The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking: Concepts and Tools. Richard Paul.
- The Miniature Guide to Taking Charge of the Human Mind. Linda Elder.
- The Thinker’s Guide for Students on How to Study and Learning a Discipline Using Critical Thinking Concepts and Tools. Richard Paul.
- The Thinker’s Guide for Those Who Teach on How to Improve Student Learning: 30 Practical Ideas. Richard Paul.
- The Thinker’s Guide to Analytic Thinking: How to Take Thinking Apart. Linda Elder.
- The Thinker’s Guide to Clinical Reasoning. David Hawkins.
- The Thinker’s Guide to Conscientious Citizens on How to Detect Media Bias and Propaganda. Richard Paul.
- The Thinker’s Guide to Fallacies: The Art of Mental Trickery and Manipulation. Richard Paul.
- The Thinker’s Guide to How To Write a Paragraph: The Art of Substantive Writing. Richard Paul
- The Thinker’s Guide to the Art of Asking Essential Questions. Linda Elder.
- The Thinker’s Guide to the Art of Socratic Questions. Richard Paul.
- The Thinker’s Guide to Understanding the Foundations of Ethical Reasoning. Richard Paul.
- Team-Based Learning for Health Professions Education: A Guide to Using Small Groups for Improving Learning. Larry K. Michaelsen.
- Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments. Derek Bruff.
- Academic Leadership: A Practical Guide to Chairing the Department. Daryl Leaming.
- Developing Learner-Centered Teaching: A Practical Guide for Faculty. Phyllis Blumberg.
- Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice. Maryellen Weimer.
- Learning-Centered Teaching: Putting the Research on Learning Into Practice. Terry Doyle.
- Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning. Peter C. Brown.
- The Learning Paradigm College. John Tagg.
- Teaching at its Best: A Research-Based Resource for College Instructors. Linda Nilson.
- Teaching Naked: How Moving Technology Out of Your College Classroom Will Improve Student Learning. José Antonio Bowen.
- Tools For Teaching. Barbara Gross Davis.
- What the Best College Students Do. Ken Bain
- What the Best College Teachers Do. Ken Bain.
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery. Garr Reynolds.
- Presentation Zen Design: A Simple Visual Approach to Presenting in Today’s World. Garr Reynolds.
- Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation: the Search for Optimal Motivation and Performance. Carol Sansone.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. Carol S. Dweck.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking. Susan Cain.
- The Course Syllabus: A Learning-Centered Approach. Judith Grunert O’Brien.