Must be 18 years of age or older to use the athletic facilities of Parker University.
Must be a currently enrolled student, faculty, or staff of Parker University. At this time we are not permitting family members or alumni. You must present your Parker University ID when entering the facility.
No food, drinks, smoking, dipping or chewing tobacco products are allowed on the workout area of ParkerFit.
We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area of or the entire facility or premises for any reason, including but not limited to closures or restrictions related to construction, remodeling, repair, or maintenance (whether planned or unplanned) or for health or safety reasons, including but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, and medical issues.
ParkerFit is committed to our members enjoyment, safety, and well-being. To ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, individuals who abuse, harass, or disregard the direction of ParkerFit staff will result in immediate removal from the facility and may result in additional disciplinary action, which may include loss of membership privileges and possible referral to the Dean of Student Development.
Each student is responsible for full knowledge of all published policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines of the university as well as any subsequent changes or updates. The university holds each student responsible for compliance with all policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines and obtaining any printed revisions. Students are also expected to comply with all federal state and local laws and to conduct themselves on-campus, off-campus and through electronic communication, in a manner that is ethical and professional.
To help prevent the transmission of viruses and infections and to protect fitness equipment, we require athletic clothing that provides sufficient coverage to avoid direct skin contact with mats, benches, and other equipment to minimize risk of contamination or infection. Such clothing includes shirts covering the entirety of the midsection around the body from the area directly below the pectoral muscles to the waistline. No revealing or suggestive attire, such as: sheer, see-through clothing; clothing that reveals excessive cleavage and/or undergarments
- Shirts are required, no bare chests or sports bras as shirts.
- Shorts should be of modest length; permitting comfortable bending, stooping, or movement without indecent exposure
- Clothing with exposed rivets, buttons, zippers, metal parts, or features likely to damage equipment are not permitted.
- Appropriate athletic footwear is required in all activity areas. Closed-toed shoes are required in all activity areas, except designated locations.
- No items of clothing with indecent, obscene, or lewd messages. Clothing that promotes drug use is prohibited.
Equipment and Weight Area
- Keep walkways clear. Members must move any item obstructing walkways and/or equipment at the request of ParkerFit staff. Lockers are available and bags are not permitted in the functional fitness, equipment, or weight area.
- Collars are required when using loaded Olympic bars. Spotters are recommended.
- Refrain from dropping weights and slamming pin machine plates. Re-rack all weights/plates to their designated storage areas. Rubber bumper plates can be dropped.
- Do not drop metal plates onto floor. There are designated lifting platforms for use with metal plates.
- Do not drop empty barbells.
- Disinfect exercise equipment before and after usage.
- Do not write on equipment or floor with chalk or other writing implements.
- Chalk is to be used appropriately and conservatively. Users are required to clean chalk off equipment and floor once they are done working out.
- Do not remove equipment from ParkerFit.
- Drinks must be kept in sealed container. Food and glass containers are not allowed. Please inform staff immediately of any spills.
- ParkerFit staff is available to show you proper use of cardio, weight, and equipment. Please ask for assistance.
- Only personal trainers employed by ParkerFit may provide personal training.
WARNING: FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OF THE OFFENDER'S PRIVILEGE OF USING THE WEIGHT ROOM AREA.
Weight Room Safety Regulations
WARNING: Serious injury can occur if struck by falling weights or other moving parts. You assume a risk or injury using this type of equipment. The risk can be reduced by always following these simple rules. Parker university is not responsible for any injuries sustained from use of the weight room facility.
- Persons with serious medical conditions should consult their physician before using weight equipment.
- To reduce the chance of injury, keep head and limbs clear of weights and moving parts at all times. (Do not be careless. Stay alert.)
- Maintain at least a 5-inch clearance between head and weight stacks in bench work.
- Selector keys must be fully inserted and locked. (Substitute keys may cause weights to fall unexpectedly).
- If weight, pulleys, or other parts become jammed, do not attempt to free by yourself as weights may fall unexpectedly - obtain supervisory assistance immediately.
You will be liable for any damages due to misuse of weight room or equipment. Failure to abide by these regulations will result in the suspension of your privilege of using the weight room area - not to mention serious injury that could occur.
Lockers are provided free of charge during the regular hours that ParkerFit is open. Everyone must provide his or her own lock. The University is not responsible for lost or stolen items. You can reserve a locker for the current term.
*Lockers reservations must be made at the front desk.
At the conclusion of each trimester, all lockers will be cleaned out and locks removed. A notice will be posted before the break to remind students about the cleaning. During the break if lockers are still locked, the locks will be cut off and all contents will be placed in storage until claimed.
FINLANDIA Sauna Instructions
Sauna use is limited to 3 people in the sauna at one time.
- Sauna is heated to 70-90 Degrees Celsius.
- Sit or lie on clean towel.
- Wear proper attire while in sauna.
- Spend no more than 20 minutes in sauna.
Warnings for Sauna Users
- Sauna is not Co-ed. Saunas are located in both locker rooms.
- Do not smoke, use alcohol, or exercise in the sauna.
- No food or drinks in the sauna.
- Do not exceed 20 minutes in the sauna at one time, as excessive exposure can be harmful to health.
- Persons with health problems should consult their physicians before using the sauna.
- Persons who are pregnant should not use due to the rise in body temperature and stress on the fetus.
Do not place any combustible material over the sauna heater (TOWELS, BATHING SUITS, ETC)