Minimum Hardware Requirements
- A broadband internet connection (Cable/DSL/Satellite)
- A personal Windows PC or Intel-based Mac computer.
- Windows 7 | Windows 8 | Windows 10
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 256 GB Hard drive or higher, Solid State recommended
- Sound card and speakers or headphones
- A webcam with headphones are required
Mac OS X –
- Version 10.10 - Yosemite or higher
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 256 GB Hard drive or higher
- A webcam and speakers are incorporated into all Macs
NOTE: To fully participate in courses, you must use a PC or a Mac. A Chromebook, tablet, or mobile device is insufficient for the demands of Parker University online courses.
- Microsoft Office365 – free of charge to all active Parker University students, faculty, and staff. Use your university email and password.
- Adobe Reader 11 or higher - free download
- Respondus LockDown Browser
What is Respondus LockDown Browser? It is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment for tests taken in Blackboard. If your instructor requires that you use the Respondus LockDown Browser for your quiz or exam in Blackboard, you need to download and install the browser and use it to log in to Blackboard to take the test.
Firefox and Chrome are the recommended browsers for accessing the Blackboard Learning Management System
You are required to use your Parker University student email account for your online course. Parker's email is accessible 24/7 from any computer with a web browser. Access and use the Parker University student email.
Antivirus and Malware Software
We highly recommend that you purchase anti-virus / anti-malware for your computer or laptop, even if you have a Mac. There are free versions available, however, they are typically minimally featured and frequently advertise their paid versions. Some common antivirus/malware software options are below. The best one for you will depend on your specific needs and budget:
Students will need to work with the Financial Aid office to see if they qualify for additional funding to purchase a computer if their computer does not meet these requirements. If they have specific questions regarding their technology, please have them reach out to the Parker University IT Service Desk at email@example.com or 214 902 2430.